Cottage Cheese Pancakes with Strawberry Mousse
Cottage cheese pancakes with strawberry mousse! I like such breakfasts the most. They enjoy not only the eye, but also the palate and bring you to the sweetest tastes of childhood … After such a meal, we also have energy for the whole day. Today I invite you to a delicate and fluffy pancake filled with vanilla and cheese stuffing. The whole thing is pampered with sweet strawberry mousse. I would highly recommend!
Pancakes with Cottage Cheese and Strawberry Mousse
- 2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 5 tbsp greek yogurt
- 4 tbsp xylitol / natural honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract / vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil / sunflower oil
- 150 g strawberries
- 2 tbsp roasted almonds
- Add flour, eggs, water, milk,oil, salt, and pinch of xylitol in to a bowl or blender and blend until smooth. If you do not have a blender you can mix it by hand, however the pancakes will not be smooth. I made it with electric hand whisk.
- Heat ½ a tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, carefully tilting the pan to spread the oil out evenly. Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly – each ladleful will make one pancake, and you’ll need to work in batches. Cook each pancake for 3-4 minutes, then flip over for a final minute on the other side.
- For filling mix cottage cheese, yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla sugar / extract, xylitol / honey.
- Serve with prepared filling and topping with yogurt and fruits
- Blend strawberries xylitol/ honey